Tuesday was different, though. His little mind was on Jesus. After all, we have been talking a lot about Jesus as Christmas approaches. Our trip down to church was peppered with, "Jesus at work with Daddy?", "Jesus in Gloria's class?", "Jesus Elijah?" (Is Jesus with Elijah?), etc. By the time we got to church, I had explained several times that Jesus is with us all the time, but we just can't see him now.
When we walked into class, I could tell he didn't understand that part, though. He looked around the class and said with huge tears in his eyes, "Jesus go, Mommy?". He burst into a sad cry. What could I do?
As I think about these interactions, I realized that Elijah really wanted to see Jesus. His whole mind was focused on it. How often do I want to see Jesus this badly? Unfortunately, I often get distracted by many things and forget my desire for Him.
Oh, the lessons you can learn from a 2 yr old. Thank you, Jesus, for bringing these little ones into our lives, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
I love this glimpse into the heart of your sweet little boy!
ReplyDelete