Tuesday, October 12, 2010

More Nong! More Nong!

What in the world, you ask? This is the chant I hear many times a day by Elijah. He LOVES to sing songs! Every car ride is accompanied by combinations of "The Wheels on the Bus", "Jesus loves me", and "5 Little Monkeys". And yes, it can be an interesting combination sometimes! And you have to watch out. If you don't sing along, Elijah bellows out, "Ning, Mommy! Ning!" (This reminds me of The Phantom of the Opera- "Sing, Christine! Sing!".)
I confess. I sometimes get tired of hearing and singing these songs. Sometimes I just want a silent car ride. But then I remember the wise saying of my friends: "This will only be for a season."
My Grandma had a great pet peeve- handprints on the door. She must have cleaned that glass door a dozen times a day. (And we would sure hear about it!) At the end of her life, though, she was confined to a wheelchair in a nursing home. She was very lonely for people she knew and loved. I wonder if she began to want to see little handprints on the glass door again. (And, by the way, if you come to my house and see fingerprints all over our screen door window, this is why. :) )
Cherish your children...Nongs, handprints and all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers