Tuesday, August 25, 2009

On my 30th birthday...

Today I've been trying to take some time to reflect on my 20's and to try to get a vision for my 30's. I've been amazed (once again) to see how God has worked in the past 10 years.
When I turned 20, I was just starting my junior year of college. (Wow! Was it that long ago?) I was excited about getting ready to teach, excited about a developing relationship with a guy named Josh, and traveling all around with the basketball team.
Then came the senior year...
Student teaching, Dad's sudden death, getting engaged, graduating, heading off to the CZ for a year..
Then came marriage. It's interesting. There are so many things we take for granted now. When Josh and I headed to NY a month before our wedding, we didn't have a car (Josh's had just died), didn't have a job (though I had applied to many districts), and didn't have a place to stay. But God was faithful. He provided all these and so much more!
Six years of teaching followed...along with buying a house, getting a dog, settling into a sweet (and ever-deepening) relationship with my hubby.
God is faithful! He has provided abundantly more than we have ever asked for.
Then came the long-awaited baby. He's such a bundle of joy and ENERGY! I've had to redefine myself as I became a stay at home mom, but it has been good. I'm thankful for the opportunity.
Now what? What does God have in store for the next 10 years? How will He use me? In whatever way it may be, I pray that my heart will be available and attentive to His call!

3 comments:

  1. It's amazing to look back at God's hand guiding our lives. You are blessed! Hope you've had a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved your look back on your 20's! I was reminded of the walks down form the training room at Houghton with you and Jennie on crutches in the middle of winter and the CZ mission trip our junior year! Thanks for the "trip down memory lane"!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. God is using you all the time....using you to teach our precious preschoolers every Sunday, ministering to the woman at the pregnancy center...and your sweet friendship to me and how you bless our family! Love you!

    ReplyDelete

Followers