Recently, I've caught myself with my mouth wide open saying, "Did I just hear that?" more than once. Elijah has begun copying words here and there! At first, I was wondering if I was just going crazy and imagining it because I lack hearing intelligible words through out the day. It also happens that E-man doesn't repeat these words over and over again for others to hear (of course!). But, I'm pretty sure of what I've heard...
His favorite word of all is 'da-da'. A few smatterings of 'ma-ma' and 'ba-ba' can be found. He's also said 'kitty' several times when the cat is walking towards him. (Da-da and kitty are the only two words we're sure that he knows what they mean, by the way.) He's also copied 'Jesus' (when I was singing "Jesus loves me"), fish, and water. It's quite fun... but also humbling. As I wrote in the title- be careful little mouth what you say! He'll be copying more and more. I need to think about what I say and how it'll impact him.
May my words be uplifting and encouraging!
Welcome to my blog! When we welcomed Elijah and then Ezra into our home, our lives changed! This blog will attempt to capture some of our most memorable moments. Have fun reading!
Tuesday, April 14, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I've run into that with Hannah! "oh shoot" doesn't sound so bad when I say it, but when it comes from the mouth of a 2 year old it's not so nice sounding!!! :) I have found myself being much more careful with the word I use!
ReplyDeleteI also have to be careful in the car!!! Levi will now say "Whats the matter mommy?" and I am quite sure nothing is wrong with your hearing! He is really saying what you are hearing!
ReplyDelete